Original topic:

Is this performance normal?

(Topic created: 03-02-2021 08:49 AM)
userjLIsA46K0d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Screenshot_20210302-202701_Geekbench 5.jpg

why is the performance of my galaxy s21 ultra so bad? it can't even compete with the xiaomi redmi k20 pro. Is there a performance mode?

6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userjLIsA46K0d those scores are pretty low. I scored considerably higher. Make sure you don't have any power saving functions on. Did you buy your phone new? 

userjLIsA46K0d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

yes, i bought it new. Furthermore, even if it isn't new this performance shouldn't be acceptable for a phone that has only been released for a month. What power saving functions are there that I can turn off? Should I send it in for servicing?

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userjLIsA46K0d in which country are you located? 

userjLIsA46K0d
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Singapore

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userjLIsA46K0d oh ok. The reason I ask is because, since this is the US Samsung Community, not many people here will have a lot of experience with Exynos models. If your phone is having noticeable problems, I would recommend having it looked at the very least. Power save settings in device care (under battery) will reduce your cpu max speed. In the same menu, the "more battery settings" page will give you the option to enable enhanced processing. 

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userjLIsA46K0d 

It is common for any phone to score low if you're not careful.

turn off your phone and let it cool down so that there wont be any temperature throttling.

Then start it, let it settle a little and rerun the test.

If it's still low and you want you can also go to Settings->General Management-> Reset->Reset settings to default.  This wont touch your apps but will change all the phone settings to factory default.

I'm pretty sure that there is no issue with the phone, you just have to set things up for success like the manufacturer did when he marketed the performance.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor