Original topic:

Issue on updating/downloading apps from Playstore after One UI 4.0 update last week.

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 08:38 PM)
CyganJaynoc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, 

I'm using Exynos variant of s21+, I received OTA update and upgraded to android 12 with no issue. But I notice after the update, playstore is not installing any new apps or update existing apps and throws an error when I try to do so. I factory reset my phone, and worked fine for one day, the next day this issue pops up again. 

Error it shows is "Can't install (App Name), Try again, if it still doesn't work, see common ways to fix the problem". 

I go into apps and clear cache and all data for Google Play Service. Then the app install fine for like 1 hour and the issue happens again, sideloading any apk to manual install or update doesn't work as well which can be done as alternative usually. This makes the phone unusable without updating or downloading any apps. 

Please help me out with this, as complete factory reset doesn't fix this issue for me. 

Thanks

6 Replies
EsQueue
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a similar issue but with only a few apps. Some of which were automatically uninstalled from my phone after the supposed upgrade. I have the Snapdragon variant of the S21+

0 Likes
CyganJaynoc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Please refer to my another reply. 

0 Likes
user73O9uoo7mI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I face similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy S21 Exynos phone. Cannot update existing apps or download new apps from Google Play Store since after I updated to latest One UI 4.0. My phone becomes a junk after that. Called the customer service, tried several troubleshooting methods but none works. Eventually, they recommend to factory reset my phone which proven not working per other users who complaint in Samsung Community...

Just wonder how Samsung can release a software update that breaks the basic functionality of Google Play Store without a proper testing. This is really annoying and disappointing for many Samsung fans. Please fix this bug immediately by releasing a software patch in the near term or risk losing your customers to competitors.

0 Likes
CyganJaynoc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi there, I've contacted Samsung through members app, and please refer to their reply in attached image. It seems like one installation is preventing another through playstore, I don't really get what they meant but I did another factory reset again suspecting some apps are causing this issue, so this time I didn't backup my apps. I backup everything else except "Homescreen" and "Apps" (Refer my second image). Once factory reset is done I restore my backups, playstore works like charm. I KNOW HOW ANNOYING THIS IS AS I'VE BEEN FACING THIS ISSUE SINCE THE ANDROID 12 UPDATE. Just that you need to install all apps again and setup homescreen back. It has been 2 days, haven't faced any issue yet.

Reply from Samsung Malaysia.
Screenshot_20211205-170618_Samsung Members.jpg

My backup options before factory reset.

Screenshot_20211205-170316_Samsung Cloud.jpg 

0 Likes
userBQbwPwdvYm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Some case here, just received the One UI 4.0 update on my S10e, so it affects other phones also.

Until now I noted two apps that were uninstalled during the update process, and that fails to re-install from PlayStore.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes