JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issues w/ Crashing Apps

(Topic created: 02-05-2021 06:23 PM)
CStechnb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
New Samsung Galaxy s21 - initially set up with Smart Switch to transfer over data from old Samsung phone. 
I noticed apps like Facebook and the Messages/Texting app kept crashing upon trying to open.
Tried to check for software updates, checked for application updates, checked the applications settings & device optimization as recommended in other community posts
Backed up my info, factory reset the phone, the only info I transferred was contacts from my Samsung account & the issue is still happening.

All apps up to date, all software is up to date. Anyone else receiving these consistent issues? Could this possibly be my device & may need a replacement?

Mainly posting here to get the word out & see if this a bug that Samsung needs to push a fix for in a new patch. 

Other than these issues, the S21 has been working smoothly & accurately. Will report back with any additional issues.
82 Replies
sanzsanz17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
already try all that, already talk to google support they couldn't help
0 Likes
xoawesoME
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have s21 and it is doing it. I have noticed it happens with every upgrade..apps crash for a while then it goes away. please please send an update asap and get this fixed Samsung!
0 Likes
xoawesoME
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
it did it with my s10+, s20+,Note20, and now this S21+. so I don't think it has anything to do with the apps at this point but a software issue.
0 Likes
mojomojo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
reinstall Facebook. worked 4 me
0 Likes
xoawesoME
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
its not only Facebook. it also ends my phone calls and other apps as well. my signal is perfectly fine on 5G.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@xoawesoME if one or more apps are incompatible it could be interfering with other apps and processes on your phone too. It's hard to say that it is the device itself. I've had new flagship phones weeks before release for the past 4+ years, and I have noticed similar issues like what you're describing, but not every time, and only with a handful of apps. Once the developer issued updates I no longer had any problems. 

xoawesoME
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
the apps are not compatible. you are exactly right, after the update is released the issue goes away. I had this issue with 4 upgrades. so it's not the apps. it's it's software. it's Samsung. this needs to be FIXED. I shouldn't have to wait for an update. I pay too much for these phones only to suffer through issues and for Samsung to throw the blame on other apps instead of admitting they have an issue and resolving it 🤦🏽:female_sign:🤦🏽:female_sign:🤦🏽:female_sign:🤦🏽:female_sign:🤦🏽:female_sign:🤦🏽:female_sign:
0 Likes
JaimeGFX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
having the same issue for and ig will just crash and close out randomly s21 ultra here
0 Likes
userneVfhkdCJI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
For some reason my Facebook and messenger keep crashing? Any help?
ChrisWidow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
try clearing your cache for each app as well as your Google