Original topic:

Issues with Dolphin Browser and no SD card

(Topic created: 06-02-2021 06:09 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever since I upgraded to an s21 ultra 512gb, I've had trouble downloading anything to internal memory. Does anyone have an alternate path sequence to allow downloads to be saved internally? 
0 Likes
9 Replies
TheGalaxy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Test with other browsers to see if the SD card works
ITzCHAMPz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
There is no SD card slot for the S21 series.
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I have had no problem with Samsung Internet, Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge or Brave Browsers. As mentioned by TheGalaxy, try other browsers. The issue may be with Dolphin, or maybe more specifically with a permission within Dolphin.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm a " beta tester" for the Dolphin Browser app. The developers seem to just barely minding the store. When Samsung announced that SD card slots, were gone from the s21 family, these guys apparently didn't notice. My 1DM + browser can switch to internal memory. I'm just concerned because I have a ton of bookmarks from art buddies who were victims of THE GREAT TUMBLR PURGE. Dolphin has a default internal storage location but it doesn't switch to it? 😞
0 Likes
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
You could maybe add one of those i-blades type cases for the S21 that has the battery and Micro SD card slot for extra storage. But then that's an added cost and bulk for a work around for a Dolphin Browser flaw. Maybe time to export the bookmarks and switch browsers? I haven't used Dolphin in a long time. What does it offer over alternatives like Brave and Vivaldi?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm going to give Brave a try. Dolphin Browsers bookmark backup and sync have been broken for a while and the SD card write glitch plus internal storage default fail needs to be fixed. Covid-19 or not it's been an issue for more than 15 months.
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I like Brave. It is fast and secure. Hopefully it will do what you need it to do.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I-blades seem to be primarily designed for s21, s21 plus and the ultras under 512gb, I have an s21 ultra 512gb.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
The funny thing is that I'm a so-called beta tester. Their Gmail box is overflowing and all their social media accounts are dusty. Firefox got too overcomplicated and CM Browser was infested with malware and adware. I've got one backup browser that only wanted a one-time payment and that's 1DM+, I'm going try to look into using Samsung's own browser. Hopefully their app maintainers aren't like Samsung's Customer Support!