Original topic:

July update: Google messages getting stuck

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 06:01 PM)
vvial
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi, I downloaded the July security update today on my s21 and have had trouble with my Google messages getting stuck. It says Chat as connecting but it never does. I've rebooted, the first time I rebooted, it connected but then when back to connecting and haven't been able to get it working again. Any ideas on how to fix?
9 Replies
JoseSantiagoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Is everything on the phone working good?
0 Likes
vvial
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yup. Everything else seems to be working. I uninstalled and reinstalled but same thing is happening.
0 Likes
JoseSantiagoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It seems that is goggle that has the problem
0 Likes
JoseSantiagoDiaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I have it and its working good
0 Likes
vvial
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I think it's working now. If anyone else has issues here's what I did.
1: I uninstalled google messages then reinstalled.
2: opened Samsung messages and reset that as a default.
3: then opened google messages again and set it as my default.
4: waited an hour and now it's working and finally the chat features is staying on connected.
What a chore!
0 Likes
vvial
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Nvm.. it worked for a lil while and still having issues. 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@vvial

I have a similar issue. The difference is that the Google messages app doesn't even try to reconnect rather it states that the chat features are not available for this device.

This only happens when I switch to the Samsung messages app, set it as the default, return to the Google messages app and set it back to the default.

The only solution I've found is to open system settings, apps, scroll down to the Samsung messages app, open it and select storage. Clear the cache files and restart the device.

This works great every time. Google Messages chat feature connects and stays connected

Messages apps never seem to play well together. Still can't rule out the recent system update these days.

Best regards,

CLF 

0 Likes
vvial
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the help. I tried it a couple times and still not working. I guess I have to try to factory reset and see if that helps.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Just cuz we're talking about messaging, Samsung Messages is working fine with RCS Chat on VZW.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes