JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

**ISSUES AFTER software update**

(Topic created: 11-29-2022 09:04 AM)
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
For those having bug issues after updating, if you haven't already done so, please try to clear the phone cache and run the repair apps option thru recovery mode. 

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 

**I personally do this 3 times**

- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 

This usually fixes bugs after updates. NOT GUARANTEED, but worth trying! 

LMK if this has helped you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
My OP is my way of helping. There are no secrets to updating. I've followed my post for every Samsung I've ever owned and I don't experience these bugs.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
21s 22s the phone is junk the processor will not work correctly with the 13 software
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the Snapdragon version, it runs fine. On Samsung and all the other devices that use the same processor

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
On the contrary, I have the 22U on android 13 and I have no issues.
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe you did something right I'm hearing 21s and 22s having so many software problems some can't see screens can't get on phones at all . Come across and of these messages maybe give them some help on it
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
My OP is my way of helping. There are no secrets to updating. I've followed my post for every Samsung I've ever owned and I don't experience these bugs.
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
  1. I am unclear whether @userhNIV3Raqmj has an S22 or similar device, or has just heard about others with complaints. If the latter, "21s 22s the phone is junk the processor will not work correctly with the 13 software" is a pretty bold statement. I have not had any issues with my S22 from this or other updates.
  2. @KennewickMan absolutely does post this suggested course of action in response to user troubleshooting questions. I was glad to see him post this tip proactively in addition. But . . .
  3. The real issue is not that @KennewickMan should be responsible for tracking down posts so he can offer this suggestion. The preferred approach is for people experiencing issues to search the board first for known issues and solutions before posting a complaint. Considering how many duplicative posts appear here, I have no illusion that this will happen any time soon.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
You're my hero! Lol!
0 Likes
drtechnology
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

done all - even took to an authorized repair center for 2 days - please see my post on this issue - having faster battery drain too - not fun!

Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Battery drain is because you reset the cache which resets the machine learning of your device that is used for battery calibration. It takes about 2 weeks and the device learns your usage patterns over that time period. It then knows how to best optimize itself for your usage patterns and when and how to save battery for you the most efficiently.
- Ibuddy66