Original topic:

Like most others, videos and gifs are freezing after the latest updates.

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 11:15 PM)
LuluTopSionMid
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
They are either freezing the picture where the video continues but the picture no longer changes, or they overplay, hitting the end of the video but the seconds tick beyond the maximum. For gifs they will just stop on a frame and won't play until you exit and reenter whatever was playing the gif. 

The first Samsung representative that comments on this better say "we are aware of this bug brought with the new updates and our engineers are working diligently to solve it" and not "clear the cache."
8 Replies
Johnlumo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
This is happening to me too and i am so mad about it. And it happen in all video apps. I have tried many things but was useless.
Smackalot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same. This is a major bug that makes the phone near unusable. Think about how many videos & gifs you see on Twitter, Facebook, your messages, not to mention video apps such as YouTube, TikTok, etc.

I hope Samsung truly grasps the seriousness of this problem.
0 Likes
Johnlumo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I pay subscriptions to many video apps like Netflix, hulu, Disney + and some others and is just not acceptable that I can't use them normally because of this.
0 Likes
GMateo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There was an update I installed last night on my s21 that seems to have fixed the issue on my phone. So far my YouTube videos have not paused all day. I haven't tried spotify yet. Hope it's fixed as well 🤞
0 Likes
LuluTopSionMid
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hope that update comes to me soon, the gifs in Twitter keep on freezing and that is very annoying. $1200 and it has freezing videos and a wonky camera that doesn't understand the different between pink and orange at times.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Johnlumo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I have everything updated and it still doing the same.
0 Likes
Johnlumo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Any fix for this yet?
0 Likes