Original topic:

Lock Screen Notifications - Swipe to Dismiss Not Working (One UI 6.0 Update)

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 03:55 PM)
JHRNZ24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I have just updated to the Samsung One UI 6.0 on my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.

Since the update, my lock screen does not let me swipe notifications away.

Under the Lock Screen Notification settings, I currently have the "Hide Content" turned on.
If I change  this to "Show Content", it then lets me swipe the notification away on the lock screen.

This feature worked perfectly fine both ways before I installed this update.

Photo below shows a Facebook Messenger notification.
I use to be able to tap on it, and then swipe the notification away to dismiss it and just have a blank lock screen but it doesn't work anymore.

Any tips on how to get this back working again?
Or will I have to change to the "Show Content" option (which I don't want).
Why remove such a feature?

Model Name: SM-G991B/DS
Software Information - Build Number: UP1A.231005.003.G991BXXU9FWL3
Based in New Zealand.

Lock Screen Screenshot.jpgLock Screen Notification.jpg

20 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
I just noticed you're in New Zealand. Sorry about that, but do you have access to the Good Lock App in the Galaxy Store? Try reconfiguring your settings. Good Lock > LockStar, Notistar, and Homeup. Smart Lock is now Extend Lock, which you can find in your settings. Settings >Lock Screen > tap open and configure Extend Lock and Secure Lock. You may need to verify your lock screen password code.
0 Likes
JHRNZ24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I do have access, just installing it now and I'll try it out and get back to you shortly.

JHRNZ24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I have tried using the LockStar app and changing settings, however when the "Hide Content" is on, it still does not let me swipe the notification away on the lock screen.

Options
Galaxy S21

Change it to show content, tap the cog wheel, and choose the apps you want to receive notifications from on your lock screen when unlocked.
0 Likes
JHRNZ24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

No only "Extend Unlock".

JHRNZ24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry but I'm getting confused, what's any of this have to do with being able to swipe a notification away from the lock screen?

Options
Galaxy S21
It doesn't, but you have to go to show content, tap on the cog wheel, and choose the apps you want to receive notifications from on your lock screen. Smart Lock is now Extend Lock. You may need to verify your lock screen password. Settings > Lock Screen > Extend Lock, and Secure lock.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Because you have to reconfigure your settings. Think about it, you have 'show content when unlocked' toggled on and hide content on above it. Which one do you want ? if you want to show content when unlocked, tap on the show content above> Tap the cog wheel > choose the apps you want to send notifications to your lockscreen when unlocked. Try it, and let me know if you can swipe away the notifications .
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
The new update!!!🙃🙃
0 Likes