Original topic:

Locked out my phone for 24 hours cause forgotten password

(Topic created: 04-14-2024 02:15 PM)
Imcooked
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Phone locked out for 24 hours after several attempts to remember a password i made before taking melatonin. It went from 3 seconds to hours and now to a day, I'm a simple person so I know the combination of passwords I always use but I cant figure it out with all the time it makes me wait. Will the time eventually he reset or will it only get longer or even permanent?  I really need to know if someone has done this before I really don't wanna reset my phone but I also don't wanna waste my time.

5 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
If you have another device or computer, you can go to your Samsung account, where I believe you can reset your password.
Imcooked
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

If your talking about remote unlock I've tried and of course I didn't turn it on unless your talking about something else?

0 Likes
matt_z
Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Research online there are many ways to recover pass
0 Likes
Imcooked
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Like what if you don't mind telling? I've already tried remote unlock I didn't have the feature turned on. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
How about you don't set passwords you can't remember? melatonin is not an hypnotic, it's a hormone and should not cause password specific amnesia.

Make sure you have a recent backup of your device and factory teset your phone and then restore your backup. Passwords are not saved or restored with the backup. You can choose a new password and, hopefully, write it down somewhere.
0 Likes