Original topic:

Lost my "apps at the bottom of my screen"

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 10:13 AM)
Lask69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I upgraded to android 12 a few hours ago. While I was looking through the new One UI I clicked on the new "emergency mode" after doing so I lost two of the apps I have placed on the very bottom of my screen. I usually haveu phone, contacts, internet, messages, and app drawer icons. Two of the icons & spaces were taken away. Before where I was allowed to put five icons, I'm now only allowed to put three. Now no matter what I try I can't get it to allow me to put any more icons. I've looked everywhere & can't find a way to switch it back. I even did a restore & that didn't work. I lnow it has to be an easy fix, but I guess when it comes to my phone I'm not as smart as I thought I was.. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks in advance.
~Ron
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you checked the settings of Home Screen under Settings?
0 Likes
Lask69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes.. The homescreen setting allows you to change the layout for the apps on the screen.. But not the bottom section.. I'm all sorts of stumped
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

maybe it's due to the layout ratio that you can't add more icons at the bottom?

you exited out of emergency mode right? are the missing apps/icons uninstalled from the phone?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried long pressing an app on your home screen and dragging it down usually the apps will move and you should be able to get up to 5 at the very bottom.
0 Likes
Lask69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately I can't get it to allow me to put five apps back down at the bottom. I've friggn tried everuthing. I'm going to have to go back to a 3rd party launcher like Nova in order to get it back. All the other forums I'm on nobody can figure out why either.. Google AND Samsung are "looking into it & will get back to me" actually I think I hit some kind of "bug" when I put it in Emergency mode.. That's when I lost the 5 apps at the bottom & it went to three.. Logic says that once I ended emergency mode I should've got the other two spots back.. But it didn't happen.