Original topic:

Magnification is not clear on my S21 Ultra Camera

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 06:50 AM)
SGjapaAL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I put in a question this week about why my Camera magnification is not clear since I have 5 eyes at the back of this phone. According to suggestions I used the magnifier app to take a magnified picture and also changed the settings of camera and touched  the screen on the particular item to magnify. It doesn't work.(oh & U can't zoom in when the "super steady' is on...)  There are no clear excellent closeups possible with this advanced latest phone from Samsung. My S7 edge (just got this new phone 3-4 months ago) from 5 years ago was great. >Please send out an upgrade for this camera<  I hv this phone BECAUSE I wanted a great camera.  Not an unreasonable assumption of this phone & Samsung on my part...

0 Likes
6 Replies
Tracylb45
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you take the plastic off the camera? I know it's a silly question but it happened to me before lol
SGjapaAL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Tkq. Not silly. But yes. (Doing tt did help with my sound...🙃)
0 Likes
clarabell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have just the s21 ... 3 cameras. I was also frustrated with the close ups so I did a little research and discovered that you need to touch thw screen on the close Up once you have zoomed in and then it will focus a perfect pic.
0 Likes
SGjapaAL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok! Next spider I see will try that👍
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

How about this Four Eyed Beast complete with pollen stuck to the hair on his leg.  And no, this is not a picture from a phone 🙂 but it is from an entry level DSLR

Macro doesn't necessarily mean that you're lens is close to the subject, just that it's a close up shot.  This crop is from a photo which was taken about 3' or 4' away from the spider with a 150mm lens so use the zoom lens on your phone and have plenty of light.  With live subjects distance is your friend so that you don't disturb them.

I haven't tried any macro shots with my Ultra but I will during the next day or two and see what the results look like. But I don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as a DSLR and good glass.

spider_crop1_2.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
SGjapaAL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Blow me AWAY! What a pic!Well I'll b curious to see what u can do with the 5 eye Ultra...👍
0 Likes