Original topic:

May Security Patch for S21 5G broke Mobile Hotspot for Online Gaming

(Topic created: 06-08-2021 09:15 AM)
LordRaikage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So let me start off by saying I am a degreed computer tech so all of the troubleshooting answers wont apply to me because I have tried it all.  This is a security patch that has broke the ability to communicate with online gaming servers.  Before the patch I was able to connect.  I tried on my wife's phone that has the same security patch but different phone account(same provider) but did not work.  I tried her little brother(S10 edge - same account and provider as my wife) and it work.  I have also tried with my work phone that is an IPhone and it worked.  So I know this is a security patch issue.  Can you guys please fix this with the June patch I know is coming out that is already live in Korea.  

P.S. If you need a game to test with the Hotspot it is called League of Legends.

0 Likes
13 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

Who's your carrier? and Device Model number? I've seen people have issues with hotspot because of their device was unlocked. If you use Trackfone by ATT, go talk to your carrier... all other unlocked will need to wait for the next update. 

If your account is carrier locked device from the start, then may I suggest using the Samsung Members app?

It'll collect the logs related to the issue and let the techs look into the issue.

0 Likes
LordRaikage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 5g. Also I have T-mobile/MetroPCS.  I have never had hotspot issues and it currently works fine, just will not allow me to communicate to online gaming servers.  I used the Samsung Member app and they did not even suggest to collect the logs.

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

so your wife's brother's S10 hasn't been updated to the May security? 

0 Likes
LordRaikage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No it hadn't at the time. He is due to factory reset his phone so I will test it when he does. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
File an error report to let Samsung know and get a direct response.
0 Likes
LordRaikage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I thought I saw a link to it earlier but I cannot seem to locate it.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
You'll get an email if they reply.
0 Likes
LordRaikage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just sent in the error report.  Lets see what they say will update if they reply back.

0 Likes
LordRaikage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
This is the response..

Thank you for using Samsung Members App.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Please be informed that we have raised this issue to our developers for further evaluation. Once an update becomes available, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience
0 Likes