Original topic:

Messages. No read, delivered, or typing.

(Topic created: 05-24-2022 12:13 PM)
Jack338
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
So none of the aforementioned works. My wife and I have had it set up that way for many years and now it is no longer working. I am also unable to send more than two or three photos at a time.

Not sure what's going on by why doesn't Samsung beta test these things bekdre releasing them? 
13 Replies
Sdg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes This is annoying but I'm thinking that we just have to wait it out for the next update pretty sure they'll fix it a lot of us are complaining
Jack338
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I sure hope so. That's probably our only course of action right now. Wait for an update. 🥲
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
don't know if you've noticed, but the size of the pictures you take with your camera has become quite large. I just texted my son 9 pictures via Link Sharing all in one text. he gets the pics in original quality and I send one text. otherwise, I have to resize the pics, and I'm not doing that. as to the "read, delivered, typing" I had that when I owned an AT&T provisioned phone. now that my phone is unlocked, those features are not available (unless I want to use Google Messages, or so I hear)
0 Likes
Jack338
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Right, large pics. It only started happening a few days ago. Worked fine from the time I purchased the phone until then. Which makes no sense.

Weird on the second thing. My last phone was unlocked but those features still worked.

All of this makes no sense.
0 Likes
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I once could send multiple pics in a text. file size became a problem. so glad you haven't experienced that until the last few days.
0 Likes
Jack338
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, weirdest thing. Always max out my camera settings and never had that issue.
0 Likes
notforhire
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah, I seem to recall that sending pics would cause the software to resize the photos. haven't seen that in awhile.
0 Likes
Jack338
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It was a pretty good chance that it was resizing the photographs and compressing them in order to send but it would never give a limit before. I think the limit was 30 actually. This new thing is just plain stupid.
0 Likes
ILoveGabcom
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I have tmobile and purchased an unlocked phone from Samsung. It was missing certain features, primarily video calling. After spending MONTHS with Samsung agents, and returning the first phone because they insisted it was defective (it wasn't) , I finally found it that these features are specific to the carrier - meaning that they must be activated at their end. Well, tmobile agents told me that the features were active. After further research, I discovered that I needed to install the tmobile firmware for my specific phone. Once I did that and rebooted my phone, it started with the familiar tmobile jingle, and I knew that I fixed it. You don't need to be very tech savvy, but you do need to find the correct firmware for your phone. There are dozens of different variants of any particular phone model. For example I have the Note 20. First I needed to find the model number with the extra numbers listed (that's easy to find on your order slip). Then search for that exact number and then find your carrier. Then you download the file to your computer, connect your phone, run like 3 files and it's done. The whole thing only took a few minutes - but the research that it took me was days.. but that's because nobody knew anything. Hopefully this will save youv some time. I think Samsung hires the cheapest labor available as their agents. It's crazy how much they don't know.
0 Likes