Original topic:

Mic Stops Working After A Few Minutes on Speaker Phone

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 6:08 PM)
user7Ii5NCGKW8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello everyone,

This problem only happened with one person only, and no one else. I was talking to them from my phone, I used both my carrier number and my Google voice number (that uses carrier network, not wifi), on my s21 Ultra. I had him on speakerphone, and after a few minutes of talking, he stopped hearing me. I hung up and called again, everything was normal. Then today, was on the phone with him, and he stopped hearing me all of a sudden. I turned speakerphone mode off, and he could hear me again. 

What could the solution be for such a problem? It's very inconsistent, and it only happened with this guy. What's weird is that I was able to fix it from my end, so not sure if it's a problem originating from my end or his end.

Thanks in advance.
8 Replies
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
This could be an issue if you are using speaker phone and so is the other person. Sometimes one end may lose sound or be unable to hear the other. This could be one end picking up the other as background noise and starts to reduce it. I have set up conference phones and the other end has me on speaker loses me and then picks up the handset and then can hear me. And these are hard wired phones.
0 Likes
user7Ii5NCGKW8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
what has your Solution been to fix this? it happened with someone else today. I really don't want to reset my phone and not solve anything...
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
So far if it is that both ends are using speaker phone then one will have to get off speaker phone for sound to return. It's a tough thing to diagnose a solution to. You can try clearing cache of the phone app and maybe data with it. Clearing the data will most likely clear the call log and settings.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for that information. Please keep me posted and I will be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you test recording a video with you speaking into the microphone for about the same length of time it would take for it to go out over the phone? If the sound remains normal throughout the whole video, it will confirm that its not hardware related to the mic causing the issue at least. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user7Ii5NCGKW8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I can try to shoot a video and have a conversation, but I don't fully understand the outcome that I'm supposed to be getting. Also, with other apps like Whatsapp, I have no problem speaking with speakerphone on for the entire length of the call. It only happens with the phone app. I cleared data and cache from phone app, as well as cache partition for the whole phone from the recovery menu last night. I will continue testing the speakerphone after the cache partition delete as I have not had the chance to talk to someone without my earphones yet.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

The test I mentioned only helps confirm whether its hardware or software related, to me it sounds like a software issue though I am unsure of the exact cause. For a work-around I would recommend using a different calling app, however repairs would be recommended so that the techs can evaluate the issue. It would be a ship-in repair as the local walk-in centers do not have the capability to handle software concerns like the main service center for Samsung does. To look into repair options you are welcome to shoot me a private message here: https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc

0 Likes
user7Ii5NCGKW8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I just had a long conversation over speakerphone and not having any issues so far. Possibly this cache partition wipe worked out. I will record a video for about 10-15 minutes and play it back to see if the sound is there throughout the video. I'll keep you updated! but definitely sounds like a software issue, otherwise I would have gotten problems through WhatsApp.
0 Likes