Original topic:

Microphone Drops for individual a bit in the background

(Topic created: 11-28-2021 10:25 AM)
SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Has anyone observed this to happen when they are in a call, says whatsapp?

If the person a bit at the back is not up close with the phone, their voice gets breaks and hard to understand. My sister complained about this issue which I later confirmed.

It is as if you need to be up close with the phone when in a call for other person to understand what you are saying. 
0 Likes
5 Replies
SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
100% This problem is legit. I have noticed. Including me and my sister and mother. Samsung should take notice. There is something going on
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the mic not working as expected and would be happy to look into this further for you. Does this only happen with Whatsapp or all apps?

Does this happen when you are using the stock phone app?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Have you had an update to your device recently? If yes, did this happen before the update also?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am not sure how it acts on other apps as I primarily use WhatsApp. The devices are up to date and is occurs on WhatsApp. I own a S21 Ultra, end user tested with S21 Plus and S20. Like OP stated, I experience the same problem.

It is very easy to reproduce, get in a WhatsApp call, either video or voice call, have one person near the phone and have another person a bit in the background not too far, maybe 5 or 7 feet away, the person in the background is impossible to hear. Voice breaks up and crackling sound.

How long? My sister has been complaining for past, at least 3 or 4 months.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

As it appears to only happen with Whatsapp, I would recommend reaching out to the developers of Whatsapp to see if they have updated any information on their end that would cause the symptoms you are experiencing.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

SamMasterBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am sure it is on Samsung end. I'll see if the problem can be reproduced with Duo which is built by Google.
Anyways, thank you.
0 Likes