JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Missing Ringtone Setting

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 06:57 PM)
Varjarek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got a Galaxy S21 and the version of Contacts I have doesn't seem to have the specific ringtone option for my contacts that my S8+ had.   Is there a setting or is it gone altogether? 
4 Replies
Solution
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Open the contract app choose the contact you want to choose a specific ringtone for choose edit. View more at the bottom. Then you should see ringtone, if not it may say something to the effect of allow access to storage.
Varjarek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks, but neither the Ringtone field nor an Allow show up. I could not even find a mention of Ringtones any where in the app. The only setting I found was for a vibration pattern.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I realize there might be an issue with your app but this is how you get the ringtone.

1st pic is the result of tapping "More" at the bottom of the Edit Contacts screen.

2nd is when you tap "Allow Storage permission"

3rd is what's offered as a sound picker

4th is the sound directory.

Screenshot_20210411-200821_Contacts.jpgScreenshot_20210411-200841_Permission controller.jpgScreenshot_20210411-200859_Android System.jpgScreenshot_20210411-200912_SecSoundPicker.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Varjarek
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks. I figured it out after going over what Comet above said and a couple YouTube videos. I was use to my old phone and I had set it up about 4 years ago.