Original topic:

Missing Sim card manager

(Topic created: 07-28-2021 08:08 PM)
userOnrz9vj1yS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

Bought Galaxy S21 recently and was using a sim card and now I wanted to use eSIM and noticed that Sim Card Manager is missing. The phone is up to date with the latest firmware/software. Have QR Code for eSIM but can't use it since Sim card Manager is missing to scan.

Please suggest how to get it back.

Regards

MBS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Dual Sim's are supported by the carrier.  You will need to contact your service provider.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

9 Replies
Jorge73
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue, sim card manager is missing in my S20 Ultra. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Dual Sim's are supported by the carrier.  You will need to contact your service provider.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Does the s21 also have budget phone status I guess we can't trust advertising of the esim since they shafted the s20 and the note 20 ultra by falsely advertising features.
user5ONik58eJ5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, they lie about what is available because IPhone has esim with no problem at all. Samsung has lost.
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung isn't losing to iPhone they are actually losing to Xiaomi
0 Likes
Jorge73
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You are very right
Jorge73
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
How come, Samsung US devices does not have SIM Card Manager a.k.a eSIM? Come on!!!!
Jorge73
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
THE PRICES AND THE MARVELOUS DEPICTS TO THESE SMARTPHONES HAVE TO HAVE THIS ESIM FEATURE NOT AS AN OPTION IT HAS TO BE A MUST DUE TO THE PRICE COST OF THE SMARTPHONE described as below.

Galaxy S20, S20+ S20 Ultra, Note10, and Note10+ devices that support dual SIM provide one SIM slot and one Hybrid slot.

*eSIM requires a wireless service plan and allows you to activate a mobile network plan without the use of a Nano SIM. eSIM availability may vary depending on country and carrier. Check with your carrier if your mobile network plan supports eSIM.

My carrier supports eSIM feature.

COME ON!!
Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I would really like the dual SIM capability to combine my work and personal phones. Having two devices to lug around is such a pain. There aren't enough pockets for all my tech without upgrading to cargo pants!! 😂 All joking aside, this is a serious issue - the hardware is in place and is available in some regions, but not others? That seems really dumb! Can't we get the option to unlock that feature? As shown on the forum here, Samsung is losing business to Apple (their top competitor) due to the simple fact that they don't support this feature!!