JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mobile Signal lost and Roaming on S21+

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 07:20 PM)
dachsie2love
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi!  I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to a Samsung Galaxy S21+.  I love the phone but am having connectivity issues.  I never lost a signal or was put into roaming on my old phone but am constantly now on my new phone.   I have not changed the locations as to where I am using my phone.   It's very frustrating because I need to have a signal at all times due to my job and in case my son would need to get ahold of me.  I went to my local Sprint store and they advised me to change my settings to 4G instead of 5G (which I had already tried).  Please help!  I love the phone but cannot continue to be without cell service every day.  TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Try network reset

From settings > General management >Reset >Reset Network Settings
BEWARE THAT THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES
I had the same issue, wasn't able to get signal, did this & I was good to go. But I set my mobile network to automatic. I have a S21

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Try network reset

From settings > General management >Reset >Reset Network Settings
BEWARE THAT THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES
I had the same issue, wasn't able to get signal, did this & I was good to go. But I set my mobile network to automatic. I have a S21

View solution in context

0 Likes
dachsie2love
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have done what you suggested and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. While at work, I have to do this many times throughout the day to try to get back on. Mine is also set to automatic since the rest.
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

did you get a new sim when switching so s21+ or used ur old sim?

0 Likes
dachsie2love
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have no idea. I ordered the phone through Samsung. I then took it to Sprint to transfer everything to the new phone. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how would I find this out?
0 Likes
Jamkat-S21-Ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I too have been dealing with connection issues with my S21 Ultra for Verizon.  This issue also occurred on my wife's S21.  After multiple sim cards and a replacement phone from Samsung, she has gone back to her S10se 4G with NO issues.

Spent an hour with Verizon's tech support last night about the issue.  Actually had the signal drop while she was watching at her end.  The best they could do was to tell me they were putting in a service ticket to look into their end of the network.  Like tech said,  seems to be following the S21's.  The sim I am using was pulled from my S20fe 5G.  When using that phone I had no connection issues.  Verizon moved the card to the new S21 Ultra and within 24 hrs, the dropped signal began on it.  Verizon noted to me that I should have bought the phones direct from Verizon and not Samsung.  What difference that would make I have no Idea.

Have been struggling trying to get answers.  I too am about ready to ditch my Ultra and go back to a solid S20fe.

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

I think there is a network issue going on with vzw. some people are complaining their wifi calling isnt working either, but signal where I am is working fine.

if you already talked to vzw rep, try submit a report on samsung members. They might be able to tell if there is an issue with your deivce or with verizon network.

0 Likes
dachsie2love
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
My carrier is Sprint. I bought my phone directly from Samsung as well. But like you said, I wouldn't see what the difference would be.
0 Likes