JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple Apps Crashing on S21

(Topic created: 03-22-2021 06:21 PM)
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had this new S21 for about 4 weeks now worth only minor issues.  Today,  first Outlook will not open,  then,  when trying to reboot,  bixby crashes not allowing to reboot the phone.  When trying to look up answers on Google,  it crashes too! Has anyone had this issue? I'm not a newbie,  I've had Galaxies since S8 and upgraded to this from S20 Ultra.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
36 Replies
Lehunt2008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
i cant find android system webview on my phone and i have a note 8.
0 Likes
usertYjkMNRcuv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Crashing on s20 too
kochinc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
If your phone shows Android System WebView disabled, do these
1. Go to Settings -> Apps, then find and disable Chrome. That will uninstall its updates.
2. Check those crashing apps. They should be working now.
3. Go back to Settings -> Apps, and enable Chrome.
4. Open Play Store app. Go to its Settings -> Auto-update apps. Change it to Don't auto-update apps.
After Google fixes this issue, you may want to turn Auto-update apps setting back on.
userdfUWbIsn3Q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I disabled and re-enabled Chrome, and most apps seem to work now with no crashing.  However,  Gmail still crashes, I don't see an option to stop auto-updates on Play Store, and WebView is still disabled with no option for enabling (though perhaps that's a good thing?).  Is this situation without Gmail the access on my phone the best I can hope for at this time, assuming Google doesn't release further guidance on the issue?  

kochinc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Google released a new Chrome app. Just go to Play Store and update it. All apps should work with the updated Chrome. You may want to restart your phone after the Chrome update.
0 Likes
Lixarei
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So, should I reconsider purchasing the s21?
useryrJts0iCqH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Solution pinned to top of this thread worked for me. Once Chrome was updated, phone functionality was restored.