JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My S21 Ultra will not stay connected to my vehicle through android auto or Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 2/12/21 6:43 AM)
userCIWPstWvkT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 Ultra will not stay connected to my vehicle through android auto, but my S20 will, any help?

userg4LOIr1AXb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a 2015 Ford Escape. My S21 was working in the car just fine until today. It will not sync no matter what I try. I seriously doubt it is the car as so many other folks are experiencing the same problem, all with the same phone and different vehicles. In fact I just had a software update to my phone on April 9, 2021.

MrKennyD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Im having issues with my music streaming through bluetooth in my car. It seems the software update affected it... when playing musoc it skips during playback please 
help !
0 Likes
userTFWppMP1XQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I had this problem too. I unlocked Developer Options and then set AVRCP to 1.4 and PBAP to 1.1. Hope this helps.

MrKennyD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
imma def try this tomorrow thanks ill let you know i sure hope it fixes it ...ruining my only time i listen to music
0 Likes
userTFWppMP1XQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately the problem returned. Weird because i went 40 minutes without skips before i posted. Went out this morning and it was worse than before. I think i might try unpairing and then pairing again without allowing calls or messaging. 

0 Likes
Stereolab42
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Setting AVRCP to 1.4 fixed it for me, otherwise I couldn't connect to UConnect on a 2019 Challenger. For some reason AVCRP was set to 1.6. It could connect to other cars just not Mopars.

0 Likes
Salra
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi, every time I receive a call my phone automatically disconnects from the Bluetooth audio source like my earbuds or car. I have to manually reconnect to the device and then it works fine. If I receive a second call, it disconnects again and I have to work through the same issue.

Never had this problem with my S10.

#s21ultra #bluetoothissues #brandnewphone
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Sadly the whole Bluetooth Stack and codec support has been manipulated too much by Samsung.
Most manufacturers will leave it stock like from Google but Samsung adds their Scalable codec and tries to promote their Buds with it, by cutting support to other Bluetooth devices.
I recommend to connect the phone with USB C or Android auto or line in.
Don't expect much from Samsung.
0 Likes
coolral666
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Android Auto is broken on the S21 Ultra. I tried yesterday on my 2018 Audi Q7 and it wont even recognize the device. it only charges it but wont launch android auto. even the pixel 2xl i have connects today with no issues. i wonder if the default codec for Bluetooth can be changed via developer options.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Android Auto and Bluetooth work just fine with my Ram 2020 Uconnect system but AA would not be recognized by my Wife's 2019 Kia, Bluetooth was fine though.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes