Original topic:

My S21 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 04:35 AM)
madoff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Why the S21 get disconnected everytime from the wifi ? 

I have another phone and it doesnt do that.

I did network reset, reboot router but nothing worked, 

some times the phone shows :checking wifi quality", and it get stuck.

My other phone (iphone) doesnt do that and is always connected to wifi with full signal.
Ridiculous, I wish I kept my previous Galaxy

8 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

if you can, reproduce the issue then submit error report to Samsung Members app.

The techs there should be able to look deeping into the issue and see if it's a software related or hardware related issue and guide you accordingly.

Could you share the device's model number and the software version? thanks

0 Likes
madoff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Model number : SM-G991U1
Android version 11
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

If you can go to Settings->Connections->Wifi->3 dot menu upper right->Advanced->Switch to mobile data=toggle OFF

If it was on this may solve your issue.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
madoff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I will try it - thank you
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey there, were you able to give the suggestions here a try with any success?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
madoff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Sent the report and trying bill-e suggestion
0 Likes
userU2MqpY7wuY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Any solutions? I have this problem too
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear of the S21 disconnecting from Wi-Fi, and can see how this is frustrating when trying to surf the web or make use of Wi-Fi calling. Sometimes Wi-Fi problems are caused by simple network issues. Other times, you may need to take additional steps on your phone or tablet to ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable, such as re-adding the connection or assigning a static IP address. Give these steps a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

Also, you can see if a third-party application might be to blame with Safe Mode. The guide for that is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes