JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My phone doesn't have the capability to record phone calls

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 06:07 PM)
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My phone is supposed to have the capability to record phone calls for my Samsung Galaxy s21....but it doesn't. App should have been an automatic feature. Asurion insurance will exchange my phone for a new one if I pay the $200 deductible...really? But if you pay for an app... That should just come with the phone automatically.....that's fair too? 🧐 Hmmmm....? Nice resolution Samsung and Asurion. 

17 Replies
useroUp6MeXc7b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
we definitely need this feature in Android 12
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@mkohleen81 US federal and most state laws allow phone recording if just one party gives it the okay. Some states, however, require both parties to give permission to be recorded. Due to this, Google has put a lot of limitations on call recording apps and Samsung doesn't include call recording in the US. 

BTW, the site you linked to is for Samsung India where laws are much different. 

View solution in context

mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I hope this clears it up for you because this is what Samsung has promised for my phone features and it applies to me and my country regardless. It doesn't matter. You can't Skip and dance around the fact that my phone feature is missing and I paid full price for something that was supposed to be given to me. Screenshot_20211012-211239_Chrome.jpg

mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You can't give one Samsung Galaxy phone to one person and have that feature available and then give it to another and it not be available in the same store....you with me now ? It's called discrimination. This way people are prone to buy apps that are not necessary. It's a very good setup for Asurion to get paid as well. Everyone gets a piece of the pie when features are missing and needed.....😉
0 Likes
Jdubs4ggt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you reside in the United States? If so it is not available as it is illegal to record a phone call. If you don't live in the US you should still check privacy laws in your country.
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It says at least one party needs to be notified. In the U.S. that is the law. Making it not illegal. You might want to read the picture that I sent on here and look it up for yourself.
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
"Android native call recording is available in most of Europe and Asia. However, in the US the voice recording features is disabled by most device manufacturers because of complex and strict call recording US laws.

Many US states have all recording laws which require receiving either a “one party consent” or “two party consent” before allowing a call recording. Recording the telephone conversation without such a consent is illegal and considered a crime without the consent of all parties to the conversation."

Source:
https://www.telemessage.com/native-call-recording-in-android-10-what-you-need-to-know/?amp=1
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ohio is a one party consent ! Oml 🤦🏼‍:female_sign: