JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My phone doesn't have the capability to record phone calls

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 06:12 AM)
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My phone is supposed to have the capability to record phone calls for my Samsung Galaxy s21....but it doesn't. App should have been an automatic feature. Asurion insurance will exchange my phone for a new one if I pay the $200 deductible...really? But if you pay for an app... That should just come with the phone automatically.....that's fair too? 🧐 Hmmmm....? Nice resolution Samsung and Asurion. 

17 Replies
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Everything you just said was literally a repeat of what I said. The US only has certain States where it's a two party consent. Ohio is a one party. One. 1. Uno.
0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Well I got S20+ with voice recorder but think in certain states or maybe US it's illegal to record so think the recorders are set to NOT RECORD so not phones fault!!! I have voice recorder but think it may not work on calls because of privacy issues but haven't tried it for that
0 Likes
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't really know what this has to do with anything I just said? The feature is missing. The feature is not missing off of other people's phones in Ohio or USA. It is not illegal. Look up the law. Thanks.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Some carriers don't support this.  For example, Verizon does not and it is not part of their firmware.

Who is your carrier?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This is not a carrier issue. It was a phone feature that I specifically needed and was promised. It's not ok to download apps that cost money when the phone was supposed to have that feature. It's not okay that my insurance company wants me to pay them $200 to provide me with the same exact phone that will have the feature... I will stand up for this fact. You can say it's this that and the other and talk about the price of cheese in China, the weather, do whatever you got to do but I'm not letting this go. You may actually be trying to help because Samsung's provided you a paycheck. But I'm calling out capitalism.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

First off, this is a user supported forum and "Samsung Care Ambassadors" are just users who like to help.  We don't get a Nickle from Samsung.

Secondly, call recording is software and as such carriers have the option to enable or disable whatever they want.  This happens to a lot of features.  Verizon and AT&T dont allow "call and Text continuity" and that is an advertised feature of many Samsung phones but it's also why there is always a disclaimer stating that it's not available on all phones...even the  link you posted has that same disclaimer.

The best you can do is either call Customer Service and complain, call your carrier and complain, or log into Samsung Members app and put in an error report.

And if you really want to help ask Samsung to send the Ambassadors some cash or at least the latest Z-Fold 😉

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's not the point. Features are missing off of a phone that should be on there and SAYS it should be on there. I have every right to be upset. No one has helped me yet on here or made a valid point. Yours is moot because you are focusing on my attitude. I could care less what's easier when there are terms and conditions to sign. Agreements. Privacy laws. Oh and more apps you can download. But let's not actually give a person the app that the phone was supposed to come with 🙄
mkohleen81
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No, first off, it's the fact that all these things have been done and are disregarded. So you are a volunteer for Samsung? I appreciate your efforts. But it's not the point I have made. I did A - Z. Thank you for assuming I haven't already. My apologies for thinking that you got paid. I still back up everything I said. 110%. Somebody had to say it.