JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My phone keeps forcing me to unlock my secure folder

(Topic created: 10-31-2022 11:01 AM)
ZachBail
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I keep getting a notification that forces me to unlock my secure folder and it won't go away unless I do. Isn't your secure folder supposed to be locked? I don't understand what this is. Any help?
11 Replies
user4IimJrqtaW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Some one might have put a work app on ur phone. N phone security trying to go ard its thing to let u know
0 Likes
ZachBail
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Nah, it seems like it's a known bug (feature?). I'm finding more and more people complaining about it online
bce
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
So the phone is forcing the feature to be unlocked upon boot. What about if we do not want it unlocked? Why are we now required to unlock the folder in order to remove this new, constant notification which is telling us something we already know: that the feature is locked. No duh, we rebooted the phone....

You know what would actually be helpful? This entire topic but flipped: show a notification when your secure folder is unlocked..

They changed the behavior of the system by introducing this notification. Yes, we know the folder is locked. No, we don't want to unlock it right now.
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

No one seems to understand what is happening here, So I will spell it out.  You are NOT unlocking the secure folder, you are unlocking the ability of the Secure folder, or it's contents to send you notifications.  So if you have a contact that you have moved into the secure folder, then they will actually be able to call you.  if this option is locked out, then said person would call, but you would never be notified.  This is all you are unlocking.

If you want this to go away, there are 2 different things you can do, the easiest is to tap on it and login.  Poof your problem is solved until the next time you re-start your phone.  The other way requires you to go into your secure folder, and then disable it using the 3 dot menu.  Once disabled, you wont see this notification again, and also wont be able to access your Secure folder if you had any apps, pictures, or video's in there, as they will all be removed.  At least with this second option, you can finally get that annoying .5 seconds of logging into this once a week removed.

ZachBail
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It does completely unlock the folder until you turn off the screen. Also, the notification happens even if you completely disable your secure folder since the notification is from the android system and not the app.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

This notification will also completely go away once you tap on it and enter your password.  it WILL NOT come back until you re-start your device again.  So the only people who are "constantly seeing this" are either people who refuse to tap in and login, or are people who restart their phone several times a day.

If it bothers you so much, and you don't have any use or need for the secure folder, you CAN uninstall it.  To do so, go into the secure folder, and then tap the 3 button menu, from there go to Settings | More Settings | Uninstall

You have to confirm the un-install, but afterwards, there will be no secure folder, and therefore, no message on re-start.

Dbeezy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine does the same thing now for about the last two months which means I constantly get notifications reminders that I don't want 😅
ZachBail
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The reason for the fuss is this kinda feels like a breach of privacy since you have to unlock your folder to make the notification go away. It feels like they're snooping in there or something.
Dbeezy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No it locks back up on its own as long as you have a pin code to access it.
0 Likes