Original topic:

My phone places calls on hold temporarily every time I get an alert/notification

(Topic created: 06-29-2022 11:51 AM)
Members_Yb6N7BV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Situation has been occurring now for a few days.  My phone puts the call on hold every time I get a notification or alert.  Once the alert goes to the background, the call comes off hold.  I can also press a button to resume the call.  With the amount of work emails and calendar reminders that come through during the day, its pretty much made the phone unusable.  

I keep looking through settings and cannot find anything that can fix this.  I have also restarted the phone, but nothing has changed.

4 Replies
Chris8438
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You might need to do a Factory Reset and begin all over again
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

The turn around time might take a while but if you're patient enough you could send a report to SSM!
I recommend turning off all your notifications for now if that helps and wait until a resolution comes from SSM. Or backup data and just factory reset.
Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset Network Settings

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Members_Yb6N7BV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Didn't work, but I have narrowed the issue down to only notifications coming from MS Outlook (meetings and calendar items).    I have turned those off (not desirable) but will continue to try to resolve.

0 Likes