Original topic:

NFC not working correctly

(Topic created on: 4/19/21 11:19 AM)
ErickMelara
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So I upgraded to the S21 Ultra at launch from my Note 9. With this phone, my google pay has worked maybe 6 out of 100 tries. Not only that but when I go to the bank and hold my phone up to the ATM, whatever transaction I'm doing end up failing. I searched the forums real quick and just wanted to confirm that this is not just me having this kind of issue? 
0 Likes
9 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Working fine for me with Samsung Pay, havent tried Google.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree with bill-e try another pay app and see if the issue is the app and not the NFC connectivity
0 Likes
ErickMelara
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung pay worked today after initial set up
0 Likes
ErickMelara
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
But I'll follow up tomorrow to see if it is still working. Google Pay also works once or twice after uninstalling/installing so let's see
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll bet it's g pay. Samsung pay always works for me even when the merchant says it prob won't
0 Likes
ErickMelara
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That was my initial thought but it didn't make sense that I can't use my phone at the bank ATM either. That's the only reason why I think it could be the phone.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Try clearing dalvik cache. Sometimes old days in the system cache causes issues
0 Likes
ErickMelara
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry not sure what you mean. Which cache? Worth noting that I did a factory reset about 2 months ago and that did not fix it either.
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't mean a factory reset. Google clearing dalvik cache ...there would be better instructions on how to do it.