Original topic:

Never again

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 10:27 AM)
goblinboner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I will NEVER purchase another Samsung device, and I will advise every person I meet to stay away as well. The customer service is a joke, the products are dishonest and **bleep**ing trash. I am embarrassed to have suggested Samsung technology to my friends and family before. Just garbage. This phone has been *actually hacked* three --- THREE TIMES--- since I got it in September. Samsung was blatantly dishonest in their permission naming and hiding the truth of what the phones can do. Un **bleep**ing believable, seriously.

Sincerely, 
Eat **bleep**.
10 Replies
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
... 👋
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
safe travels
0 Likes
princehal
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am interested to understand how your phone was hacked. Was it due to the slowness of the security updates? I have a A52-5G that gets monthly updates, but often a month late. This concerns me. Any more detail would be interesting because I was thinking of getting a S22 so as to get quicker updates than the A52.
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
The vast majority of one-off "phone cracks" is via social engineering, period.

There's way more money to be made via corporate cracks than for individual attacks.

And let's be clear, it's not the *phone* the misfits want ... it's the data you've left exposed or compromised via social engineering.

So if someone has been cracked three times in as many months, it's *NOT* the phone at fault.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Stay off Google Play store and if you try new apps do it on an older device first before on your main phone. Are you using a vpn? Cause that would stop it completely if you turn on always on vpn and never connect without a vpn. Been using Samsung phones for over 10 years never been hacked and i use it for mobile banking. And, don't click on random links or text messages from people you dont know. You may want to change your phone number and carrier.
0 Likes
pr0bablyFukT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That VPN shut can be hacked too. Just Harder. Nerds be real bored though lol.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Ethernt and a VPN, have fun with that...
0 Likes
LucidDreams9731
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah this is 100% your fault. Lookout exists for a reason. To scan all the apps you download. Either that or you prob clicked a link you weren't supposed to click. Doesn't matter. 1 less **bleep** from this company
0 Likes
pr0bablyFukT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Screw samsung, screw LG, etc.... For real screw android and apple as well,.... android just way more. I'm gonna go ahead and also blame YouTube.
Good luck with the hack removal. Hope it's not a remote access situation
0 Likes