Original topic:

New side "button" on screen on s21 with android 12

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 10:47 AM)
userklH1LS4yio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a side button that was not there before (on-screen, my phone didnt grow a button)  it as 3 states.  hugged in to the side, out a bit showing full icon, and float anywhere.  it can slide anywhere alone the right and left edge.  the icon is my Dashlane app. but it does not seem to do anything but visually be there. screen clips and total screen shot will not capture the image to share either. I want to know "what the function" it is and how i can use it or whatever.  but for now it just feels like trash under the windshield wiper you can seem to get off. 

7 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userklH1LS4yio Do you mean the Edge panel?

Settings -> Display -> Edge panels

Or is it something created by Dashlane? 

0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Search edge panels in settings and disable it if you don't want it.
0 Likes
userklH1LS4yio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

unnamed.png

yeah I tried the edge panels is something else.  If its dashlane.. I cant find it there either.  thanks for the replies  if i can figure it out I'll be sure to share.  if it was usefull i'd love it  but it just sits there 

0 Likes
userklH1LS4yio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

unnamed.jpg

 looks like this when you swipe it toward the edge.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userklH1LS4yio Looks like something from Accessibility. Check Settings -> Accessibility -> Advanced settings and see if "Accessibility button" is enabled. 

Or if Settings -> Accessibility -> Interaction and dexterity -> Assistant menu is enabled. 

0 Likes
NoPlaceForHideo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

pypabDM.jpegI have it too on my S2 Ultra and idk what the **bleep** it does or how to remove it... Did you fixed it?

0 Likes
useraHZzV5uU01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

just go to settings > accesibility > installed apps > here you will see the name of the app causing the floating button to appear > click on it > toggle off shortcut button

0 Likes