Original topic:

New update caused all kinds of issues

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 01:05 PM)
superman2277
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Just updated my phone this morning and have all kinds of issues. Online banking apps keep crashing and won't properly upload files to cloud. Troubles my friends...Troubles

14 Replies
Jamess467
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
It isn't the update that caused the issue. Each and every app developer has to update their apps to work with the update.
MochaVex
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
What software version did your phone update to? I've installed the September update a few days ago without any issues.
superman2277
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
G998U1UES4AUH9...Sound right?
0 Likes
MochaVex
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, that's the lastest software version.
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I just went through all of the bank, credit card and financial apps that I have installed and all of mine opened just fine. Maybe try to clear the system cache?
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
My banking apps works too after the latest update with September security patch.

However, i am in the USA. Are you also in the same region?

I would recommend to force stop all those apps and open again to see if that fixes the issue. To do that, just long press on the app icon and then press info button.
0 Likes
superman2277
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Things are somewhat better now. It may just be the app and need some time I guess
0 Likes
chaks
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Cool. Quite frankly, I have had no issues with any updates so far. Lucky, I guess 😀
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

possibly, the updates too need 'some' time for it to apply fully. but shouldn't take more than several minutes.

the phone may have done a light reboot which resetted and things are okay now.

if you face any issues next time, submit an error report to Samsung Members as soon as you can.