Original topic:

No Text notifications while Bluetooth headphones are connected

(Topic created on: 5/7/21 8:14 AM)
Members_rrdx5Hl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have Bluetooth headphones connected to my phone, when text messages come in the sound notification only plays through the headphones, not on the phone.  When phone calls come in the ringer rings on the phone, is there a way to have text message sound come through BOTH the phone and headphones?  I wear my headphones around my neck while I work and miss important text messages.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Deja3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I haven't tested this, but try this app and then go in and set up "separate app sound"...I think this is what you're looking for?
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.soundassistant
0 Likes
Members_rrdx5Hl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for the replay...... Tried this solution and it didn't work, it says not compatible with my device.....  The quest continues

0 Likes
Deja3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Weird. I went back and was able to fully set that up, specifically for the messages app, without an issue. I don't know that it was your answer though. I couldn't get sound out of both, even though it makes it look like you can. I didn't dig too deep into it though; just quickly tried it. Besides making sure all your phone software and apps are up to date, I'm out of ideas. I wish you luck in your quest to find an answer!
0 Likes