JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Visual Voicemail

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 05:11 PM)
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi! I've tried the Samsung dialer and Google dialer and neither have visual voicemail. This is an important feature to have. I don't understand why it's missing. This is especially annoying because I get a lot of spam calls and lack of visual voicemail makes them harder to filter. 

How can I get visual voicemail working on this device? I didn't know it was possible to not have this feature. 
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It did work on iPhone with no setup and on the Pixel 2. I tried a few different dialer apps just in case, but none of them supported VVM. I also tried the app you referenced, and it worked briefly, but frequently it says voicemail has been disabled like it's not always detecting that voicemail is available.

I reached out to my carrier, and they told me most phones work with no setup, so they didn't have much for me to try.

I do appreciate the suggestions. It seems like I fallen through the cracks with Samsung not supporting my carrier, and my carrier not having an app I can use as a work around.

It's not ideal, but I'm using conditional call forwarding to send my missed calls to YouMail for voicemail. I wish I knew why Google's dialer doesn't automatically detect VVM when I know it works on other Android phones.
0 Likes
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Bummer. I was hoping that was going to be a better solution for you. But intermittent isn't much better than not working at all. As far as the Google Dialer I am not too sure. Maybe something to do with Samsung's version of the OS rather than the native Android OS used by most others just adds to that crack that you seem to be falling through. Samsung variant, no native VVM App from Mint, etc.

Since Mint Mobile is a MVNO using T-mobile's coverage, I assume you have tried the T-Mobile Visual Voice Mail app? That works for me, but I am on T-mobile, so that's to be expected. I am not sure if it works for Mint Mobile.
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I really appreciate your time nevertheless. I'm always interested in technical problems myself. Yes, I tried their app, but it says I'm not a T-Mobile customer when I try to use it.

I guess I just got lucky! I hope that Samsung has better compatibility in the future.
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Ryan Reynolds owns a stake in Mint Mobile now. Tell him to get busy on a Mint Mobile VM app! 🙂

Just joking of course, but I am out of ideas. Hopefully the upcoming Android 12/One UI 4 combo will resolve the issue for you.

Otherwise it may be time to Tweet @VancityReynolds and tell Ryan to fix this mess 😀
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Google dialer but your carrier has to support it. If your carrier doesn't have vvm then you have fallen through the cracks. Mine is Sprint on Boost Mobile. Sorry
0 Likes
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My carrier supports it in the dialer with Pixel phones and iPhone. Not sure why it doesn't work on Samsung.

Maybe it's the combination of the two.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Henfreddemars you state that it worked with pixel phones and iPhone. Was it still t mobile as your carrier?
0 Likes
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It was still Mint Mobile which is a reseller of the T-Mobile network. The same SIM card even.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
T-Mobile is offering the vvm not mint but since it's a reseller you get to keep your vvm through T-Mobile ok
0 Likes
Queen_Eema
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Ever since I have paid my passed due and phone off to reinstated my services VISUAL VOICEMAIL hasn't worked. I got into figure out and it need to be set up. So I followed steps to do so. Until it want me to change my password. I tried and all I keep getting
"PASSWORD CHANGE FAILED[old password mismatched]". What do I do know?
0 Likes