JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Visual Voicemail

(Topic created: 05-31-2021 10:41 AM)
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi! I've tried the Samsung dialer and Google dialer and neither have visual voicemail. This is an important feature to have. I don't understand why it's missing. This is especially annoying because I get a lot of spam calls and lack of visual voicemail makes them harder to filter. 

How can I get visual voicemail working on this device? I didn't know it was possible to not have this feature. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung is really not to blame here. Samsung doesn't provide vvm and my Boost Mobile does on any phone but the reality it is the carrier. Usually you need a voicemail client that gives vvm. Sprint voicemail on my Boost Mobile deals with vvm and regular phone voicemail. Some have T-Mobile that supports vvm carriers one has AT&T as well.

View solution in context

25 Replies
Don12345
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Plumbing your number in special chat feaaturs at the top of the page
0 Likes
Don12345
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Put in
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
See if your carrier has a visual voicemail app. I know T-mobile does.
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My carrier only supports built in visual voicemail; no apps for Mint Mobile.
0 Likes
DannyBoy91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
As Diaboyos said, check your carrier. With AT&T I get voice-mail and visual voice-mail.
0 Likes
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I decided to go with YouMail for third party visual voicemail. I suspect my carrier just doesn't play well with Samsung for visual voicemail. It's always worked with the past three phones I've had. Weird.
0 Likes
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Which carrier do you have?
0 Likes
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Mint mobile: a T-mobile MVNO.
0 Likes
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I know Mint Mobile Visual Voice Mail can be made to work with the iPhone dialer and I think some native Android phone dialers. But it does have trouble working with Samsung phones, since Mint Mobile doesn't have its own Visual Voice-mail App like T-mobile's. One possible workaround that I have heard is downloading a 3rd party Visual Voice-mail App such as "My Visual Voicemail" from the Google Play store.
0 Likes