JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the S21 Ultra support SD Card

(Topic created: 02-06-2021 05:24 PM)
Shenon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Wondering if the the S21 Ultra will support sd cards?

I have heard the the s21 series doesn't support SD Cards 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Nike of the S21 models support microSD. On the bright side the 256 gb upgrade is only about $50 more so not too shabby and there is also a pricier 512 GB option

S21 series supports UFS 3.1 which is far faster than Micro SD by far so even though price might be higher, performance will be better across the board.

View solution in context

21 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
nope
Shenon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
is that for all models? like are the ones sold by the carriers differ from the unlocked ones sold by Samsung?
0 Likes
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
No sdcard for any s21 model.
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
No, you can purchase an external drive. Samsung T7 appears to be pretty simple and great if you need more storage. And that's for all models of the S21.

clipboard_image_1612726108001_1612726108001.jpg

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
There is a difference between external hard drive that you carry around as a separate device and have to deal with connection issues when you need it to an SD card that's internal to the phone, adding minimal weight, doesn't change the shape of the phone (or case requirement) yet provides the storage space you need for those high size image and video files you are taking with the phone.
MrsThang128
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
that was supposed to read external. The post has been edited. And I don't carry mine around. I only should have to back up every so often. But I have it in case I need it.

clipboard_image_1612726215849_1612726215849.jpg

0 Likes
KrysLyn84
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
When I went to swap out the s21 for the s21 ultra, the guy at the store asked me if I had an SD card in the s21... I assumed it had the slot as a result.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@KrysLyn84 

Heh, he was just used to asking that question of people.  No SD card in S21 series.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Solution
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Nike of the S21 models support microSD. On the bright side the 256 gb upgrade is only about $50 more so not too shabby and there is also a pricier 512 GB option

S21 series supports UFS 3.1 which is far faster than Micro SD by far so even though price might be higher, performance will be better across the board.