Original topic:

No notification sounds when moving in the car

(Topic created on: 4/16/21 3:17 PM)
userUhIENw1QPY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone has notification sounds any time other than when I'm in a moving vehicle.  How do I fix this?  I've checked every setting I have
0 Likes
5 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @userUhIENw1QPY, I hope you're doing well.

Is this happening in any vehicle or is it specific to certain vehicles you frequently ride in or are connected to via bluetooth?

It can be anything but I am wondering if you are connecting to bluetooth and Bixby Routines is running and automatically running a routine to Silence/Mute your phone. To check if you have any active routines, open the Bixby Routines app. If you have any that look like they might relate to car rides or media, check them out and maybe disable them and test your sound in a vehicle.

I'll wait to hear back from you.

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userusWuMjTfu5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue. Notification sounds stop when in the car and connected via bluetooth. Bixby is not set up for any routines. Notification sounds return once bluetooth disconnects from the car.

0 Likes
SATEXAN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Also, you could have your do not disturb enabled.
0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Or you could have your phone on silent.
0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
If your device is on vibrate or if the sounds are activated, you should be able to hear notifications through your vehicle, or any Bluetooth connected device.
0 Likes