Original topic:

No official Android 12 update for unlocked S21 Ultra (USA)

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 05:48 PM)
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm using S21 Ultra 5G unlocked version in the US. Even though the news is out there that Sansung has long been updating S series phones to Android 12, I'm still running the beta3 software and did not get the update.

I tried checking manually multiple times in the settings but it still says you're on the latest version.

I also tried the smart switch app but there is no option to update to Android 12. The only option I get in the switch app on desktop is to downgrade the OS

can someone please help!! Thank you in advance. 
43 Replies
nrml1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got the prompt to upgrade but I don't think I'm gonna do it. Too many complaints of issues. The holidays are coming up and I don't need the pain of dealing with this.
Mr_Fearless
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Extremely smart. I updated and would have rather stayed with the beta. Hoping the December update fixes a lot of these confirmed issues.
0 Likes
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So you're saying the beta is more stable than the official Android 12 update?
0 Likes
Mr_Fearless
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Without a doubt. I was on One UI 4 beta 4 and it seemed like a really stable build. After upgrading to the official One UI 4 build it introduced a few issues. Biggest one for me is refresh rate issue.
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh dayum!! 😭
Thanks man. I won't upgrade now seeing all this **bleep** from Samsung.
AEE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Better that you do not download ONE UI 4 yet. I have an S21 Ultra 512 GB, and the official SW update messed up all animations
- Malfunctioning 120 Hz
- Switching between apps lock up
- Scrolling through long pages seems to skip instead of smooth scrolling
- Apps do not close properly
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately I joined the beta program due to misplaced enthusiasm in samsung software, I'm hoping the official update would resolve atleast some issues I'm facing on this device.
0 Likes
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Its not about OneUI 4. It's about beta vs production software for Android 12 for unlocked S21 Ultra
0 Likes
yakk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just called this number. They asked for a network reset. Did not help still can't update to Android 12 from the beta.
0 Likes