Original topic:

No screen feedback when taking photos

(Topic created on: 3/30/21 7:10 PM)
userD1VNiOWd54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

When I click the shutter button to take a photo there's no visual feedback - no flash, no anything - when the photo is taken. I don't care too much about the sound of haptic feedback, but the screen shutter effect is important. 

Why is it gone, and how do I get it back?

7 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Open Camera app
Tap gear Settings icon upper left
Enable Shutter Sound
0 Likes
userD1VNiOWd54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

That option doesn't exist in the app.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
The Shutter sound on/off does not toggle the screen effect, it remains active in either case. Are you saying that you don't have sound anymore?

I would boot to Safe Mode and see if the issue persists.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userD1VNiOWd54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Sound is a matter of increasing the system sounds. It doesn't matter anyway, as I take all my photos outdoors, where I rarely hear the shutter sound anyway.

However the screen flash is vital, and that's not present, nor is there an option.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

have you tried it in the safe mode? 

0 Likes
userD1VNiOWd54
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

How do I do that?

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userD1VNiOWd54 

If you asking about Safe Mode, it's simple, pull down the top menu twice to reveal the power button, tap it.  Now press and hold the red Power Off button until the green Safe mode button appears and tap that.  It will restart in Safe Mode.  To return to normal just restart.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes