Original topic:

No sound from Messages

(Topic created: 03-09-2024 05:36 PM)
userM2SENwxh3s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Since the new os update, I can't get any sound from messages. The notifications are enabled globally, the app notification for messages is enabled. The volume is up. The sounds are enabled. I don't know what else to check. All the notification types for messages are enabled. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
When you checked the message categories, did you assign it a tone? Did you allow sound snd vibration, or silent? It used to be you could assign a message tone to rhe app itself, but, now (since the broke it diwn to categories} you have to select a tone for the incoming messages. You can set seperate tones for other categories, or specific conversations. The tone you select for incoming becomes your default for the app.
Brayden1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you try Uninstalling it and installing it again?
0 Likes
userJzohFgkILc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same thing happened to me on my ZFlip 5 and couldn't figure it out no matter what I tried. Just solved it though. Hopefully it works for you too.

I tried going into the Notifications setting and changed the Notification sound and still had the issue.

Go to Notifications>App Notifications>Messages. For some reason the Alerts was set to Silent so no matter how much I adjusted the other settings it overrode it. I changed to Allow sound and Vibration ad it instantly started working.

0 Likes