JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not Fixed - Group Conversations will be sent at Multimedia Messages

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 04:39 AM)
Tinedarix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The popup that appears in a group message "Group conversations will be sent at multimedia messages" needs to have the ability to be toggled OFF.  The post linked below addressed this and was marked "solved" when the moderator stated this is a carrier functionality.  This is entirely false, this only happens on Samsung devices, specifically Samsung Messages. If I install Messages by Google, it does not appear (understand my preference is Samsung applications). 

This message, which appears to be a "time to react" accessibility feature, actually contradicts itself as it literally covers up messages I'm trying to read.  So let users turn this function OFF...it can be on as default, but users should have the option to disable. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/How-do-I-get-rid-of-the-warning-group-conversation-wi...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

The popup lasts about 2 seconds on my phone.  Are you saying that yours lasts much longer than that as  indicated by that other post?

Also, I see that message only when initially creating a group chat.  After that it doesn't popup again while participating in that chat

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Tinedarix
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, it stays up for 2 seconds for every group message. I'm saying I don't want the pop up at all. It does not need to be on every message every time I go to a group text.  We as users should have the ability to turn that off.

If you stay within a message, no, it does not reappear. But if you go in and out as messages come in, it appears every f**king time. It's super annoying and many people have complained about this over the years (literally). 

It needs a disable option.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes