Original topic:

Not slot expandable memory card

(Topic created on: 2/23/21 7:22 AM)
LIZSAM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I just did the port to get the new S21 and I told the At&t guy that for nme is very important to have my 256gb external memory card.  He didn't tell me that the new S21 it isn't coming with a expandable slot memory card.  I'm very disappointed on it, and I have to returned the 2 phone. This is the principal thing that I liked Samsung. I hate IPhone because not memory slot card. I hope the future Samsung S coming with the memory slot card. Best regards. 
5 Replies
Ricecoconut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
you could always get Google drive. it has storage options
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

You could also get a USB C flash drive.

0 Likes
userwRu1yB6ek5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree! I am not buying the S21 for this reason! I love being able to store all my videos and photos on the SD card. I really hope they bring it back on the S22. This is one of the features where they had an advantage over the iPhone. 

0 Likes
Psyclopps
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I ended up getting the 512 gb. It cost more but the storage is soooo much faster. For comparison here is the results using androbench benchmark for the phone and crystal disk mark for the micro SD card.

SanDisk micro SD
115MB/s read 80MB/s write

Internal storage S21 Ultra 512 gb
1808 MB/s read 769 MB/s write

If you are storing random documents it might not matter but videos, large photos and apps are likely to see a benefit.

Psyclopps
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Also the 256gb S21Ultra is only $50 more I believe
0 Likes