Original topic:

Notification Sound and Other issues...

(Topic created on: 5/16/21 11:20 PM)
urbanteaaa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having notification sound issues and pop up message issues.  With what'sapp whenever I get a text, it will make the notification sound.  Even though I turned all notification sounds off... AND when I put my phone in silent mode.  I still hear the sound.

Instagram- I sitll get a message preview that pops up  even though I turned that off.  And the only way to get rid of that is to turn off notifications period.  When I do that, I leave the app badges on, then my badges wont work. The only way to get my badges to work is to turn on notificaitons, which triggers the pop up preview which i didnt even turn that on.

Seems like all samsung phones have this issue. I'm on S21. But my s20 had similar crazy issues and also s9.  But eventually s9 was fine. But the s20 would go crazy from time to time.   Such a simple thing, why can't they get it right?

0 Likes
4 Replies
sofun
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Does anyone know what to do if photos I deleted keep coming immediately back up? Also none of my settings stay set.
0 Likes
Beth2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My phone won't ring
Why? I have it set on sound but it will only vibrate.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

clear cache and data for both WhatsApp and Instagram and try it again or submit an error report via samsung members app

0 Likes
urbanteaaa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

But I just started using this phone and set it up a day ago.  Would the cache be full so fast?

0 Likes