Original topic:

Notification issues

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 12:50 PM)
CaptainX008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Has anyone else had problems with getting all your notifications on the s21 ultra? I've tried everything I can think of, including battery optimization settings.
0 Likes
15 Replies
KJ_M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes...I had no problem before my switch from s9. Now, it seems like nothing works as it should on a brand new phone. Have you found a fix?
0 Likes
CaptainX008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have not. The strange thing is, it works some of the time. It seems to select which notifications it thinks are important, but it is not always accurate.
0 Likes
Grma
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Here you say.. important.. notifications.. hmm .. under default settings??

Settings>notifications..included apps.. All.... show even when screen is off.. allowed

Turn off do not disturb
ADVANCED...show all.. mine was set to only show 3.. which I did not set.. (it changed it on its own or somehow)..

My thought is that.. there are so many different settings on this phone now. That one setting is interfering with other settings.. and it's confusing itself.. so by default.. it's taking the easiest route..

Samsung either needs to allow the app to default to what we want the app to do.. or it needs to take control of all settings.. which I think it's trying to do.. so set all notifications to on.. and then in each individual app.. turn off what you do not want.. see if that helps...
0 Likes
CaptainX008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have looked into all of this. I made sure everything was correct, or changed it if it was not. Samsung support walked me through all of it when I called. It still has not been resolved
0 Likes
Grma
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to hear this.. I'm out of ideas.. except one...

reset your phone..then on your computer.. go into whatever website or app that you can and make sure your settings are what you want them to be by default then...do not bring old settings back when you start your phone again... start as a new phone... delete any backups.. and update all default updates.. and then set all phone notifications to on.. install or sign in to one app at a time.. each time checking your settings for notifications to see if that app or sign in changed anything..

glad that Samsung is aware.. maybe they can find the solution..

Good luck..
0 Likes
CaptainX008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the help!
Grma
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Another thought... do you have Bixby routines turned on? (I do not) but was just reading up on it.. it learns how you use your phone.. maybe if it's turned on.. it changed something on you.. if you do. Try turning it off for a few days.. see if that works..

I'm still looking to see if there is anything else.. but I do know.. when I first got my phone.. I had that turned on.. and things just stopped.. so since i do not ever leave my house for the most part.. I turned it off.. no reason to use it for me..
0 Likes
CaptainX008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It was on. I will try that and see. Thanks
Grma
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
How did the 1st 24 hours go??