JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification sounds not playing unless..

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 01:27 AM)
LTMs_sammi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I was wondering if anyone else is having or has had this issue. I will try to explain the best I can bc it seems odd.

My notifications are not going off. It only vibrates. I have made sure many times that sounds are on.. I even reset all settings. 

I use a full song as my notification tone so about 3ish mins it would go off if I don't stop it. So this is the strange part.. I will get a notice it won't play a sound even though I have it set to.. it vibrates as mentioned before.. but.. if my GPS talks to me and I got a notification recently it will play where it is in the song.. 

example: I got a notification and 1 min later my GPS talks, the notification tone will play 1 min into the song and keep playing even after my GPS stops talking.. it will also go off if I'm in a game even if I have the game muted..

so my point is... why is it not playing sound from the start? Why does it only start if another sound goes off first? I am really confused.. and sorry if this explanation is confusing, I just dk how to explain it well bc it makes no sense.. thank you for reading and for any suggestions or answers. â™¡
5 Replies
Jcct7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
.... Is it possible the beginning of the song is super quiet? I remember I had this problem a few years ago with a different android device ring tone but it was due to the song I chose that had the first 30 seconds be super low volume
0 Likes
LTMs_sammi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's not. It's the same one I have used since I got the phone I haven't had it a year yet. Its not playing at all if those other things don't play. Thank you for you responding.
0 Likes
TheRealSusieRed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
The S21 has to be the worst phone I've ever had. SO many glitches!! Lol try these solutions, I hope one works!!
https://techwiser.com/best-fixes-samsung-notification-sounds-not-working
0 Likes
LTMs_sammi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried all of these. I have even went to tech support in this app. I factory restored and it still didn't fix. So I am unsure. It had to be an internal issue I assume. But still dk how when it works if something else sounds.
0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. If you've already done a factory reset on your phone then I recommend if you’re in warranty please send one or our mods a PM to get the service set up for you. If you are out of warranty you can visit a local ubreakifix or call 1-800-Samsung to have service set up and obtain basic repair estimates.