Original topic:

Notification sounds not working S21 5G

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 08:05 PM)
userMNBiwGA6ZT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I just got a new Galaxy S21 5G (Verizon).  Did the Smart Switch from my S8.  A couple of days ago, I stopped getting notification sounds.  I still get the notifications though, and get them on my Active Watch 2.  When I go through the list of sounds and select one, it doesn't make the sound unless my Galaxy Buds are in.  I've checked all of the obvious things (toggle switch, notifications on for the app, etc.).  Any ideas?

3 Replies
gatormike
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Im having same problem after the 14 update. hope some one can help
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Compatibility issues between the two phones.. this is why I do not ever carry over old settings.. start new phone as new device.. sign into my accounts.. all my info is there as it was on my old.
And then just re-download the apps I want.. located in the play store or galaxy store...

Now that being said.. if you back up your old phone to Samsung cloud .. on your new phone.. you can later (before they end it next month) re-download what you want.. (contacts, documents, messages, phone logs..etc)
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

It sounds like the OP already looked through and re-did the settings... (if not, then please check).

If after resetting the notification settings and updating all the apps and such the issue still persists. then submit an error report to Samsung Members app after reproducing the issue (any one or two occurrence will be sufficient, as long as you submit report within 30min of occurrence).

0 Likes