Original topic:

Notification sounds problem

(Topic created: 05-28-2021 07:09 AM)
Required Alias
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

S21.  I don't know if the following problems have a root cause or variable causes.

1) I have a number of apps (e.g., Gmail, Messages, Reminder, Ring) that work sporadically.  They'll give notification sounds for an hour or so, sometimes just a vibrations, usually nothing.  I can reboot and get some of them back for a while.

2) Gmail has a unique sound, well, all apps SHOULD have a unique sound.  Gmail does.  Reminder, Messages, calendar have unique sounds assigned, but all give the same notification sound when they actually sound (see problem 1).

3) I can go to any app, select notifications sound, scroll to the one I want, touch it and . . . nothing.  Silence.  I can touch the sound already selected sound . . . nothing.  My phone does give audible phone rings, GMail notifications, and a few others, but the sound selection screen . . . nothing.

How do I resolve this.  Been this way since I bought it

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Check to see if media volume is turned up
0 Likes
Required Alias
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Media volume is around 3/4.  And, remember, all apps make an audible notification, sometimes.  Not always the assigned notification

downtown1915
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
text messages notifications sound problem thats what I have! there is no sound or vibration when I get a text message!what do I need to do to correct these problem can any body help me?
0 Likes
usercL6mVCkmWm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issue on Samsung s20 ultra note. Apps will make their sounds. Incoming calls will make sound. All messenging apps I use will not notify upon incoming. Android messages, Google hangouts, Facebook messenger. When I select notifications within the app to make sure sound is turned on, it is. When I edit the sound setting to change the sound, no sound will play as I move from sound to sound. This is not normal as usually you will get a sound preview. I use the standard app for sound that came with the phone. Rebooting the phone did not resolve. I received an update in the past 4 days. Not sure if it was Samsung pushing an android update or a network update or what. This problem did not begin when I did this update. The only other item I've updates is the Samsung wearable app. It's like it thinks it's connected to my Samsung watch and letting it handle the notifications. I've disabled blue tooth, still same issue. No ideas what to try next.
0 Likes