Original topic:

OEM firmware question (S21 bricked itself, stock, never flashed)

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 01:16 AM)
Meiwoof
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
TLDR: Need help finding codes/firmware, specs at bottom. Can't boot phone into recovery mode or to home screen.

Trying to find the firmware for my husband's phone that randomly started boot looping itself and refuses to load into recovery mode, only download/flash mode.

Long story short (proceeds to tell long story), plugged in to charge at night, no new downloads, and it became a $900 paperweight (I bought this for him as a birthday gift last year). 5mo & 2 days out of warranty and they want $108 just to LOOK at it. Since its already out of warranty i wanted to try to flash the OEM firmware to see if we can bring it back. 

Trying all the different downloaders. Frija Downloader is the most promising so far, but keeps popping up Error 102 in Auto search mode and it says to use manual mode. Problem: I have the Model and CSC correct, that I was able to get from my account on Samsung, phone box, and Download screen. I'm missing the PDA, Full CSC, & "Phone" codes. The only info I'm finding on how to pull these numbers involves the phone in repair mode or with the ability to turn on...

Also tried SamMobile, which doesn't have the correct CSC listed, Frija's predecessor (can't remember name right now), and will search for more tomorrow.

Information I DO have (adding all of it to show what I've been using to search):
Model (full): SM-G991UZAEXAA
Model (abbr): SM-G991U
CSC: XAA

I really appreciate any help. Am I completely at the mercy of the repair center? Similar stories revealed they say they need to replace the mobo, which is nearly the full value of the phone.

Thanks.
13 Replies
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
have you tried using smart switch on the computer?

1.) Download SAMSUNG Smart Switch
2.) Open SAMSUNG Smart Switch
3.) Click the MORE button on the top right
4.) Click tools , select Emergency software recovery and initialization
5.) Make sure your phone is in DOWNLOAD MODE
6.) Click DEVICE INITALZATION TAB
7.) Model Name :
8.) Your serial #
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
now I'm not 100% the phone will connect in its state, but it may work.
Meiwoof
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks so much for this!! I'm not 100% familiar with Samsung's features like this so I'm always researching. I will try after work! 😄
mizfitz13
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
good luck!
Meiwoof
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Not gonna lie, I had my hopes up when it started loading, lol :'(20220920_211313_80312_1663733594.jpg
JVN1005
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
@Meiwoof some **bleep** deleted my post with the Github link to Samsung downloader software, please let me know if you need it again.
0 Likes
Meiwoof
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ugh. Yes, please. If you can
0 Likes
JVN1005
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Here you go, better take a screenshot fast before they delete this one lol