JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-16-2021 04:16 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Stakkzp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm sticking with my note 8 then I'll upgrade to the note 20 ultra no sd card slot can't do it

Carmelized
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Good evening everyone 

I just want to make sure that I am doing the proper research. Are the rumors correct that the micro SD card and Samsung Pay are no longer being offered. If so, I'm so devastated. 
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

There is no longer support for internal removable media.  Samsung Pay is still there but only though NFC, not MFT.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Carmelized
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

That's heartbreaking especially with all the music, videos and pictures that I utilize. πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

userTyDJADQnH1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Lets put great big cameras in a phone which use more data to save the pictures and videos.  Then some apple user in Samsungs design department says, Yes, lets do that, and I have a great idea, let's also do away with the SD card slot, my apple doesn't have one.  Come on this is a $900 to $1340 phone.  The latter if you get the 512 gig.  I would rather put the extra $170 into a very large SD card and not have to worry about my storage.  You didn't learn anything with the S6???

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

Dont forget. Let's also implement a monthly/yearly data cap and charge for storage fees on cloud services for any high resolution images and videos to run concurrent with these new changes

Capo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

No MicroSD slot, no wall adapter, and I just found out no MST on Samsung pay so NFC only now. πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€:male_sign: why remove features that are loved and no one asked to be removed? I am so disappointed in Samsung

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21

well. that's one more reason to buy older phones until Samsung comes up with a proper phone.

Tyndall_effect
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree. I dont know who told Samsung that NFC is widely used in the U.S. but that statement is a lie. Its almost as if Samsung is trying to be second or third best instead of the best smartphone maker. no MST is a deal breaker for me. I use it all the time.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Tyndall_effect wrote:
I agree. I dont know who told Samsung that NFC is widely used in the U.S. but that statement is a lie. Its almost as if Samsung is trying to be second or third best instead of the best smartphone maker. no MST is a deal breaker for me. I use it all the time.

@Tyndall_effect  That is my understanding of NFC deployment as well but has there been an outcry from Galaxy watch users about this or is it possible that Samsung Pay is just not very popular in the US??

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor