JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-17-2021 10:35 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

Yeah plus they're not including any headphones or charges in the box... How cheap of them

Options
Galaxy S21

And they've removed MST support, as well.

Haughk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I was pretty excited for the S21 to release today but samsung definatly did a quick job of turming that excitement into disappointment.  I went so far as to have everything in the cart and once on the payment page i decided i couldnt do it or wouldnt is more accurate.

There isnt reallt one great thing that stands out about this phone for me. The processer and ram upgrades are nice but saving 1/10th of a sec opening an app isnt that critical and the upgrades to the camera dont do anything for me i have better things to do than snap seffies all day or take hi res pictures of some girl from 100 yards away im to afraid to talk to. And how much better do you need the screen resolution i have a tv or even a laptop that are way better to watch stuff on....
There are however a few things about this phone that really and truly SUCK. 
A. Lack of a micro sd card slot is something i cant quite understand. They say we can use the cloud but for i dont trust the cloud or like it. I cant access my files if i cant get online. I currently pay for the highest tier service from verizon and am in the 25th largest city in the us and depending where i am i sometine can barley manage a signal and other times i stuggle to simply open a webpage . Not to mention nobody is truly unlimited so all the dowoading and uploading (if you can even do it) eats up your all of your data.
B. The lack of a 3.5mm jack. I actually have some bluetooth headphones but my wired head phone with the inline amp sound way better and like others stated i can use them on the plane. I also dont have to recharge them ever. And i know you can use a usb c adapter but thats juat one more thing to carry and potentially lose.
C. S-pen??? Trying to pass off a dollar store stylus as an S-pen and for an extra $40 has really proven that samsung has no limit to how low they will sink to pocket an extra dollar. But hold on just wait the actual S-pen is otw. For what another $100? Sure hope they can fit the wireless charging coil in it somehow.
D. No charger because everyone has one... wait though doesnt this phone support a higher watt chaging standard than any previous phone? So where did everyone get these chargers from they allready have laying around to use???
Well i for one cant spend that much money and make that many compromises and pretend im hqppy avout it. So ill just keep using my old note 9 until somebody makes a phone with the features i want. And thats fine my happiness will come knowing samsung isnt getting my $1400 for their stripped down pathetic excuse of a way to rip people off phone... 

Capo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree with you. the removal of the SD card slot and charger are a really big deal. Samsung seems to be doing everything to push customers away lately. the change to Samsung pay rewards, the s20 ultra was a fail, the note 20 ultra had serious battery issues when first released and now the removal of key features from the s21 ultra. I have had a galaxy since the s6 but this may be the end of the road

DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

Wow!!! Lots of problems with what should have been a "new and improved" phone!  I wasn't sure what to expect with the S21 and just learned plenty in the last few days.   It's not for me. 

I'm glad I got the S20+ 6 months ago (upgraded from S8+ which was a great phone).   Looks like I'll use this phone for quite a while.  Hopefully by the time I'm ready to upgrade, Samsung has stopped with their marketing & design nonsense!

Options
Galaxy S21

There are other features being removed: for example the MST used by SamsungPay. Now they've done a step back to remove almost everything kept them above competition. NFC only payments

userkhxsxsp1pg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Completely agree, The lack of sd card espansion is a deal breaker for me. They are pushing hard this Microsoft one drive....I mean 8k video are going to be big,  uploading them is going to take ages. Plus, pictures can represent memories and I want to be able to access them offline whenever I want, not have them on a server somewhere. They might just stick an apple logo on the back for the next. Hopefully the note will not follow this trend, as I use the phone for work and not for Instagram bs, if improving the camera means removing other features, is time to change. Cameras cameras cameras seems all it matters now. 

franciscolopezus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The lack of an SD card slot is a deal brealer for me in the new s 21 ultra model. A more expensive phone lacking an SD card, charger, pen, earbuds in the package, looks like a lesser value purchase for more price, a poor deal.

I download many classical music works and art,  specially operas and symphonic works in  UHD video files that are well over 1 GB size.  With only 512 GB mon upgradeable storage, which i would fill up just with my old Blackberry SD, plus apps and data, this phone is of little use for me. add a good camera, with its large images and is worst.

<edit> They already failed with the s 20  ultra with a good camera with poor focus.

The user willing to shell 1400 USD for a phone, is certainly not the average mobile phone user.

This poorly planned package looks like buying a Buggatti Veyron with a one  US gallon fuel tank. Dumb, and ai am generous.

FL

Economist

St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

I get a pretty hefty discount on that device, and almost bought one....Almost

0 Likes
Eyayo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Honestly, I don't really care about sd card phones anymore. Despite having 128gb sd card on my galaxy s20, I don't use it. I use cloud storage (Microsoft One drive and Google drive.)

0 Likes