JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 11:51 AM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21

Yeah the removal is silly. My assumption (since the rumor is still very new and fresh) is that theyre removing it from their phones to then claim it as a unique feature on their watches.
They already did so with the heart rate sensor cause they need more incentives to have customers purchase a smartwatch that they will rarely ever use and give it a price tag competitive with a brand new pixel smartphone.
Its silly. Its intentional. Its not the Samsung we all fell in love with.
Their profits will increase but their number of users will drop off as people search for an upgrade (not downgrade).

Dreamapp10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Excited to buy my new S21

vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm am very disappointed with Samsung. I have always choosen Samsung phones over Apple because I simply disliked Apple phones and some of their business tacticks. I'm a huge Android fan. But since Samsung has decided to eliminate the expandable memory SD card slot on the new S21 phones I feel short changed. One of the biggest reasons I would  always choose a Samsung phone over Apple phones was for the very reason that I could add a huge amount of expandable memory via the micro SD card slot. Not anymore. It pisses me off enough that I might choose Apple over Samsung the next time I upgrade my phone. Why is it that engeering  always screws up good features? Especialy a feature your closest competition didn't offer either. Samsung is sinking to the sneaky low level  Apple products are in. Charge more for more memory is not the way to go. It's bad enough you took away the chargers included in the box. 

Options
Galaxy S21

So you hate Samsung for not having an SD slot, so you're going to go to Apple which also doesn't have an SD slot? I'm not sure how you win in this situation. But unfortunately there will be a time where no phones have expandable storage - less things to break or cause water damage. Plus, now every company wants to make money by getting you to use their cloud services. But who knows - if sales are bad, maybe it'll come back for the S22 or they'll do an S21 FE with more features.

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

Something about us, guys, like to put things in and out of things. Imagine, as Samsung did, a feature and function in which data could be downloaded and uploaded seamlessly through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, to another phone, computer, cloud as if you were just shaking hands or trending more uselessly, less effectively to a chip. You see before you were a pheatus, music and data was stored on a real to real tape, then floppy disks and now the chips have become as unnecessary storage too. Ny-night!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Your solution ONLY works when there is internet access. What are you going to do when you are in a location without internet access? Major flaw in your plan don't you think. There are vast areas of the US that STILL has no cell service. There are offices and retailers that do not have cell coverage. Of course if you value your personal data so little that you are willing to connect to every open WiFi connection out there, well best of luck. Then ther is the issue of what you are going to do during major network outages. There was another outage this week that effected several east coast states. That is not an issue IF you can carry your data with you.

userz5h9ESSeYN
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You do realize that Samsung and Apple aren't the only two phone makers right? There are other Android phones as good if not a bit better than our titular option here, including some who have not dropped the SD card slot.

Leojr65
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
it's a beautiful phone it's just unfortunate that Samsung has decided to hold a certain color back for themselves only if you purchased it only through them or financed it only through them online only can't go through any carrier doesn't make any sense.
0 Likes
userB8bbz5N4gQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

So new phone yay! Wait... no charger?? Oh theres a cord....wait, no USB? And what about my ear buds....so place to insert? only wireless? or another accessory I'm forced to  buy. VERY DISAPPOINTED cheapskates. Very.

M42
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Just like the title says, the Secure Folder in my S21 is terrible compared to on my S10e. The interface is garbage and has almost more unusable space than icon space. Also, the notification system has changed. It no longer has an option to hide content on a lock screen or to show notifications when the secured apps are locked. Finally, most of my apps can no longer even send notifications as they are not shown in the app notification list. 

How can I revert to a functional Secure Folder?