JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 09:27 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

So far I'm thrilled with mine.  The last Samsung phone I had was the Note 3 but I left and went to Moto for a number of years and really enjoyed the Moto Z line.  When I heard that the Z line had ended and that my Z4 would not be getting Android 11 I began looking and luckily for me that coincided with the S21 pre-order timeframe.

I was able to get $600 for my Moto so I ordered the 512k Ultra.  I would have ordered the 512k version even if a microsd slot was included because I always prefer to spend my money on internal memory and the SD card is just archival.

So again I'm totally thrilled with my purchase and the phone.  I'm used to big phones and other than the camera bump the S21 is only a fraction of an inch taller than my Z4.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
user62D8cFX6rC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This phone is just not doing it for me. I traded in my galaxy s9+ for this Samsung s21. I never had a single issue with s9+ . This s21 is overheating, lagging, closing apps on its own, loosing service for periods of time, quality of casting is like watching an old movie in the 80s. This is only day 3 of having this phone. I am just overall disappointed in this device 😞 I admit I like the Bixby button taken off of the left side of the phone!!

user62D8cFX6rC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

also the finger print reader omg!!! just doesn't want to work for my wife or myself. I have gone as far as putting in my finger 3 different ways. Still it is a battle to open my screen, or finger print apps

ratbags
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

+1
very disappointed with my S21
don't bother trying to use the fingerprint reader with a screen protector on there
sent the first screen protector back and shelled out $40 at the t-mobile store for another but same problem

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@ratbags seems like the screen protectors you purchased aren't compatible with the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. Did the T-Mobile rep at the store tell you the protectors would work with the phone? 

ratbags
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

yes
tech installed it
took a long time to get one print recognized
does Samsung have a solution?
good screen protection is important

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@ratbags unfortunately this is an issue the screen protector companies need to correct to make them compatible with ultrasonic fingerprint technology, not specifically something Samsung needs to fix. I haven't used a screen protector on any of my phones for over 4 years though, and I haven't had any problems having only a good case for protection. 

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

My S10 came with a screen protector already on.  Doesn't the S21 have the same thing?  At first I didn't realize it was on there as it looked like just the glass screen.  But I got a replacement for my wife's S10 and I took the old one off and put the new one on.

So I'm guessing it already has a screen protector and the fingerprint scanning works fine on my S10 with that screen protector.  Admittedly, if my thumb is very dry, it doesn't pick it up.  I just rub my thumb and finger together and that is usually enough to make it work.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@Mtiede it depends on what country you are in. My S21U did not have a screen protector. I'm in the US. 

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm also in US.  Just to double check, are you SURE you don't have one.  I didn't think I did at first either.  It was on so smooth that I didn't notice it at all in the beginning.  And it wrapped around the rounded edges of the display so it was harder to see that it was there.

0 Likes