JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 11:23 AM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
user62D8cFX6rC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

with as much as the fingerprint is used, I would think they would have worked out these problems by now

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm surprised "no one" has given you a clue on how to fix your fingerprint issue.  I have the s20+ and mine works perfectly.

Try this if you haven't already.

1.   Settings/Display >>> scroll down to Touch Sensitivity and turn on.

2. Settings/Biometrics & Security/Fingerprints and remove any fingerprints you have recorded;  then re-set up your finger print.... use the same finger multiple times in set-up with slightly different angles/coverage...  this will help the sensor read your fingerprint.

Your fingerprint sensor should now work as it should.  Good luck!  

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Well getting phones on the first week might cause issues but an update should be released and fix it

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung also offers repair options, but like VerbumVeritum mentioned you may want to take advantage of the return period to get a new one while you can rather than go through repair processes on such a new device. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user62D8cFX6rC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

my wife and I were so dissatisfied that we went back to our samsung galaxy s9+ phones 😞

DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

Probably a very smart choice!  I have a back-up Galaxy S8+ which is great!  One of the reasons I upgraded to the S20+ was the 5g network.  Well, the reality is 5G is nothing right now, and will probably remaiin equal to or less than 4g over the next 1 - 2 years.

Hopefully in a year or two, Samsung corrects their missteps and produces another great phone like the S9+.  Good luck!

Options
Galaxy S21

@VerbumVeritum , and yeah, I'm still waiting on you to answer my question related to esim above.

0 Likes
Tamporter
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Posting from my S10+: Samsung will lose my business if they do not have a SD card in future models.

FormerIOSuser
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Not only did Samsung remove all the good qualities that made this phone, but they lie on their website. In 5he FAQ it states esim capability, but clearly that's only for International phones. This phone is trash and this is the first time I'm considering going back to Apple.

MikeS3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21

The S20 made me go to iPhone late last year.  Had the S20 for 8 months and just couldn't put up with the garbage anymore.  I'm so glad I switched to an iPhone.  It's definitely not as fun to use but everything works so much better all the time.  My S20 photos would always come out so blurry because Samsung has such bad shutter lag when snapping a photo of anything that moves.  iPhone shutter is instant.  I don't know why Samsung just can't progress.  I feel like my S9+ was better than the past few S models.  At any rate, I'm never going back to Samsung. Not to mention iMessage is just so superior.  It feels great to be able to send my wife full size images compared to android where it would compress every one or simply not send.  Unacceptable in 2021.